Two prayers....

God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

About Me

My photo
A Catholic who follows Rome & the Magisterium. I'm against gay "marriage", abortion, embryonic stem cell research, euthanasia, human cloning. Altar girls, Communion in the hand, Eucharistic Ministers and "Protestant" music in the Church doesn't bother me at all. A proud American retired submarine sailor. Our borders should be secured with a 10 ft. high fence topped by concertina wire with minefields out to 20 yards on both sides and an additional 10 yards filled with warning signs outside of that Let's get energy independent NOW! Back Israel to the max, stop appeasing followers of the Pedophile Prophet. Pro 2nd Amendment, pro death penalty, Repeal all hate crime legislation. Back the police unless you'd rather call a hippie when everything hits the fan. Get government out of dealing with education, childhood obesity and the enviornment. Stop using the military for sociological experiments and if we're in a war don't micromanage their every move. Kill your television, limit time on the computer and pick up a book. God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Moving forward

Well, we went and did it. Elected a Democratic majority to both the House & Senate. Funny though, I don't hear cries of "fraud" coming out of the conservative sites I frequent. Seems everyone is more PO'ed than anything else. PO'ed and determined to do better in '08.

So now the Dems have the helm. Let's see what they can do with it. Will they be able to bring the war in Iraq to a victorious conclusion or will it be another Viet Nam that sees us washing our hands of any further involvement? Wonder how the immigration issue will be resolved? Although I didn't see it I understand GW is happy that a "reform" bill will now be pushed through.

To the best of my ability I'll give the Dems the benefit of the doubt, this is a nation that exists because we're able to get past our differences. Any perception of that not happening when the Dems had to work with a Republican majority is old news. Take every day as it comes.

But we'll see. I admit to being skeptical but we'll see.

Maybe the Dems will pull it off to the satisfaction of a large majority of us. Or maybe they're now in the position of a dog that finally caught that car he was chasing. Now the dog has to figure out what to do with it.

Time will tell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you be more original with your dog quote? I believe I heard that on CNN. BTW, I find it funny that the Dems are supposed to have a clean up plan for the complete mess Bush and his Republicans placed us in. Also, the people elected the Dems, and they really didn't state an all out plan. This vote was based on the American people waking the hell up.

Subvet said...

As far as the dog quote, I originally heard that years ago while I was still in the Navy. It would be impossible for me to have heard it on CNN as I don't watch TV. For that matter I don't listen to the radio either, working the midshift means there really isn't anything worth listening to when I'm awake.

Anyway, I like the dog quote. It's appropriate. This is my blog and I only have to satisfy myself. If you don't like that, start your own blog.

The rest of you post lacks any real specifics I can address. Citing a "complete mess" is a vague statement. No sense addressing the remainder.

But thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Aganger. The Dems campaigned on "change" - "It's time for change!" was the rant/mantra that I heard droning on incessantly on the ads. Well, anyone with any common sense knows that change just for change sake is not necessarily a good thing. Things can change from bad to worse, too, and I heard nothing about what their plan was for a timely victory in Iraq, stopping the flood of illegal immigration, et al. All the Dems did was throw bricks at Bush and the GOP. Doesn't sound like much of a plan, and I thought your dog analogy was interestingly fitting (though I was thinking tail, it still works).

As for the anonymous poster, you would think that if the Dems ran for election in the hopes of winning they better damn sure have a plan for cleaning up the "complete mess" (disagree there, but we'll say that for argument sake), otherwise they just sought to get elected for the sake of seeking the positions of power.

I really don't think Americans, for the most part, have woken up, because if they did, they would realize they have the power to influence the current office holders. It's been done before. We stopped the anti-homeschooling bill 434-1 back in 1994. We homeschoolers flooded the capitol switchboard until Congress got the message loud and clear. It can be done with an informed and activated electorate.

Blog Archive

THIS is depressing!!

THIS is depressing!!
Our education system must have REAL problems!

Proper Care of The Koran

Proper Care of The Koran
A place for everything and everything in it's place

Our Lady of America, pray for us (we need it!)

St. Gabriel Possenti, (unofficial) patron saint of handgun owners, pray for us.

Humane blogger award

Humane blogger award