Two prayers....

God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

About Me

My photo
A Catholic who follows Rome & the Magisterium. I'm against gay "marriage", abortion, embryonic stem cell research, euthanasia, human cloning. Altar girls, Communion in the hand, Eucharistic Ministers and "Protestant" music in the Church doesn't bother me at all. A proud American retired submarine sailor. Our borders should be secured with a 10 ft. high fence topped by concertina wire with minefields out to 20 yards on both sides and an additional 10 yards filled with warning signs outside of that Let's get energy independent NOW! Back Israel to the max, stop appeasing followers of the Pedophile Prophet. Pro 2nd Amendment, pro death penalty, Repeal all hate crime legislation. Back the police unless you'd rather call a hippie when everything hits the fan. Get government out of dealing with education, childhood obesity and the enviornment. Stop using the military for sociological experiments and if we're in a war don't micromanage their every move. Kill your television, limit time on the computer and pick up a book. God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Giving thanks.

On a day to day basis there's enough crap going on that isn't too pretty. Someone will be killed for no good reason today, somewhere some will be raped, somewhere children are lying terrified and wondering if they're going to die. Too many of them will.

Yet we've a lot to look at and gain hope from. Thanksgiving is a primo time to do that. I'll just list what I'm personally thankful for. Anyone reading this can come up with your own reasons I'm sure.

I'm thankful for my wife, she's the anchor in my life. She's a wonderful mother to our boys and sets the example of what a Christian should be. She accepts me for the nutcase that I am and patiently waits for me to improve.

I'm thankful for my two sons. They gladden my heart every day I see them. May God grant I live long enough to see them grown into men. May I have the character to guide them into manhood the way I should.

I'm thankful I'm sober. Spent too many years getting drunk for no real good reason. Too many others I've known couldn't get this far. By God's grace and the help of countless other recovering alcoholics I've done it for a bit over twenty years. One day at a time.

I'm thankful I live in the USA. I've been overseas to other countries, the ones I went to were all well developed and prosperous. But nothing compares to what we have here. God bless the United States of America, always.

I'm thankful I (finally) found a decent job that has long term prospects. The last several years have been "interesting" to say the least. One of these days I'll learn to shut my big mouth.

I thank God for my father-in-law and his wife. If I die tomorrow I know my wife and kids have someone to look after them. We've come a long way from the day he told my wife he wanted to meet her new boyfriend (me) with a baseball bat. My telling her he'd better bring help didn't make it any easier, but we got past all that.

I'm thankful that my health is as good as it is. Hard of hearing and with bad knees, yet I'm far better off than a lot of others I've known. With any luck I've several hundred thousand more miles to go before I need an overhaul.

I'm thankful I was in the submarine service. For my money there was no finer group to be associated with. I hope that while I was on active duty I was more the solution than the problem.

And I could go on and on. You get the idea, I'm sure. Have a Happy.

4 comments:

reddog said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too.

I am also grateful for the good life that I have been able to make for myself and my family. By most standards I am doing well. I am able to be active, sober and have life choices most people don't.

We are driving my parents to Modesto, where an elderly aunt resides. My Sister and her family will join us there for a few days. Not a big treat for me but it will please the old folks.

Anonymous said...

I am grateful that men like you served, and are man enough to be able to be thankful for what's important in their lives.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

bothenook said...

happy thanksgiving amigo. i too am thankful that men like us were and are willing to step up to the responsibility we all shouldered upon joining the services.

MightyMom said...

I'm grateful for the guy who stole me from the cradle. I'm also very grateful that he now has somewhere to expound his ideas and frustration. (Just so you know, he's almost always right.)

Blog Archive

THIS is depressing!!

THIS is depressing!!
Our education system must have REAL problems!

Proper Care of The Koran

Proper Care of The Koran
A place for everything and everything in it's place

Our Lady of America, pray for us (we need it!)

St. Gabriel Possenti, (unofficial) patron saint of handgun owners, pray for us.

Humane blogger award

Humane blogger award