Two prayers....

God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

About Me

My photo
A Catholic who follows Rome & the Magisterium. I'm against gay "marriage", abortion, embryonic stem cell research, euthanasia, human cloning. Altar girls, Communion in the hand, Eucharistic Ministers and "Protestant" music in the Church doesn't bother me at all. A proud American retired submarine sailor. Our borders should be secured with a 10 ft. high fence topped by concertina wire with minefields out to 20 yards on both sides and an additional 10 yards filled with warning signs outside of that Let's get energy independent NOW! Back Israel to the max, stop appeasing followers of the Pedophile Prophet. Pro 2nd Amendment, pro death penalty, Repeal all hate crime legislation. Back the police unless you'd rather call a hippie when everything hits the fan. Get government out of dealing with education, childhood obesity and the enviornment. Stop using the military for sociological experiments and if we're in a war don't micromanage their every move. Kill your television, limit time on the computer and pick up a book. God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm on the second string and that's okay.

"At first he seemed glad it was me he was talking to, that changed after a few minutes..."

That was the War Department relating a conversation she had with the customer "service advisor" who called today with an update on the repairs to our car.

Almost a month ago a guy with a trailer on the back of his truck backed into me at a stop light. It wasn't a "fender bender" where both parties get out, look at the dings and agree not to get the insurance companies involved. 'Nuff said on that, since then we've had the vehicle in the shop.

Up till last week we quietly went along, waiting for them to finish. After another in a series of delays I told this guy I wasn't confident with their work, as someone who'd been a mechanical supervisor the steady stream of delays and excuses had sent up a red flag in me and I was unhappy. He got upset, stayed civil but hung up as soon as he could. That was Thursday, till that point we'd been getting a verbal massage from him every other day, first thing in the morning. The Thursday conversation was initiated by myself, he'd called the day before when the whole family was out. Left a message on the machine with the latest excuse. So if he'd followed his regular schedule we'd have gotten a call Friday morning.

I should mention I'd told him to call in the mornings when I first dropped off the car, this is because I sleep during the day. I feel that might be the reason he waited till almost noon to call today (Monday). He got the WD instead of me and, going by her comment that I started this post with, probably figured he was dealing with a creampuff. The WD has a girlish voice, everyone knows she's much younger than I so there's the stereotype of the "sheltered little girl" and let's face it, a lot of women don't stand up to guys in his position. They're too easily flummoxed by the hype and razzle dazzle.

But there's always the exception, isn't there?

The WD never turns into the SheHulk, she'll just let you run on till she can verbally cut you three ways; deep, wide, and continuous. All the time she's doing it, it's in that "butter won't melt in my mouth" voice. It's like having Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farms smile and flutter her eyelashes while she rips your nuts off without the benefit of anesthesia. Believe me, been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!

So in the past nine years I've seen my status go from "Fearless Defender of Hearth and Home" to "Cleanup Detail" whenever she gets rolling. Gotta say that she might have started out a bit naive but she sure took on a steep learning curve. Real steep.

Right now I kinda feel sorry for that "service advisor". Must hurt to have your lunch handed to you by a girl so early in the week.

1 comment:

MightyMom said...

nah, the only reason my conversation with the guy went so well is that my wonderful, loving husband had already softened him up quite a bit.

Subvet is very sweet and says kind things about me, but he really is "da man" as a matter of fact, he's the ONLY man in my book!

Blog Archive

THIS is depressing!!

THIS is depressing!!
Our education system must have REAL problems!

Proper Care of The Koran

Proper Care of The Koran
A place for everything and everything in it's place

Our Lady of America, pray for us (we need it!)

St. Gabriel Possenti, (unofficial) patron saint of handgun owners, pray for us.

Humane blogger award

Humane blogger award