Two prayers....

God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

About Me

My photo
A Catholic who follows Rome & the Magisterium. I'm against gay "marriage", abortion, embryonic stem cell research, euthanasia, human cloning. Altar girls, Communion in the hand, Eucharistic Ministers and "Protestant" music in the Church doesn't bother me at all. A proud American retired submarine sailor. Our borders should be secured with a 10 ft. high fence topped by concertina wire with minefields out to 20 yards on both sides and an additional 10 yards filled with warning signs outside of that Let's get energy independent NOW! Back Israel to the max, stop appeasing followers of the Pedophile Prophet. Pro 2nd Amendment, pro death penalty, Repeal all hate crime legislation. Back the police unless you'd rather call a hippie when everything hits the fan. Get government out of dealing with education, childhood obesity and the enviornment. Stop using the military for sociological experiments and if we're in a war don't micromanage their every move. Kill your television, limit time on the computer and pick up a book. God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

RAMBLING THOUGHTS ON THE MIDSHIFT

Does anyone really care that Madonna adopted a Third World orphan? As someone who was looking at international adoption (until the War Department got pregnant) my own take is "money talks". From all the accounts I've read she waltzed into an orphange, had the kids line up, made her selection and now is home to England with the tyke. Bam, boom, in and out, Sionara sweetheart. Most of us wouldn't have it that easy. I won't even get into the morality of what she is doing, it's been discussed to death elsewhere. But in the end, who cares?

The Foley scandal and everything else in Washington these days reminds me of Danny DeVito in "War of The Roses". He asked a question, "What do you call ten thousand lawyers on the bottom of the ocean? A good start!". Substitute politicians for lawyers and it really applies. These days both parties seem to be in a race for a "Scumbag of the Week" award. While I don't believe in having a third party I'll admit times like this make it tempting. But then I think of Ross Perot and how he cratered back in '92.

In a Swedish knife fight between Rosie O'Donnell and Ann Coulter I really don't know who I'd want to win. Rosie is so flaming liberal and over the top with her views it makes my teeth hurt, Coulter is a shrieking harridan who makes my skin crawl when I realize she holds many of the political views I do. On the plus side, Rosie seems to try being a good parent. Yeah, I know there's that whole gay thing going on and yada yada yada. There are plenty of hetero couples I've known who should have been sterilized before they hit puberty. Ann Coulter seems to understand we're not playing pattycake in this war on Islam. So sometimes it helps to have a snarling Doberman at your side, even if it does pee on your leg. Like I said, I don't know. Any way they could both lose?

I read some of Charles Fort's works years ago. Since then I keep my eyes open for the strange and unusual. It's out there. A few years back, when I still read the Dallas Morning News, there was an article about a town in flyover country that had a rain of quarter-sized frogs. Never heard anything else about it. There's been other weird happenings since then, that one sticks in my mind because I used it to make a point with the War Department. Like I said, that stuff is out there.

When I get discouraged about life these days I remember the little things of yesteryear; diving under a desk at school for air raid drills, fallout shelter advertisements, Jimmy Carter as President, the Monongahela (sp?) River being on fire for years before they could finally put it out. Could always be worse, someday it may get worse but for now it's not. And today is all we've got.

No comments:

Blog Archive

THIS is depressing!!

THIS is depressing!!
Our education system must have REAL problems!

Proper Care of The Koran

Proper Care of The Koran
A place for everything and everything in it's place

Our Lady of America, pray for us (we need it!)

St. Gabriel Possenti, (unofficial) patron saint of handgun owners, pray for us.

Humane blogger award

Humane blogger award