Two prayers....

God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

About Me

My photo
A Catholic who follows Rome & the Magisterium. I'm against gay "marriage", abortion, embryonic stem cell research, euthanasia, human cloning. Altar girls, Communion in the hand, Eucharistic Ministers and "Protestant" music in the Church doesn't bother me at all. A proud American retired submarine sailor. Our borders should be secured with a 10 ft. high fence topped by concertina wire with minefields out to 20 yards on both sides and an additional 10 yards filled with warning signs outside of that Let's get energy independent NOW! Back Israel to the max, stop appeasing followers of the Pedophile Prophet. Pro 2nd Amendment, pro death penalty, Repeal all hate crime legislation. Back the police unless you'd rather call a hippie when everything hits the fan. Get government out of dealing with education, childhood obesity and the enviornment. Stop using the military for sociological experiments and if we're in a war don't micromanage their every move. Kill your television, limit time on the computer and pick up a book. God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

Friday, July 01, 2011

Another reason to sympathize with the cops...

I mean, really: Officer investigated for speaking his mind on St. Pete crime

So lemme get this straight, he warns the father of a 16 yr. old girl about a tough neighborhood and gets slammed for it. Guess he should have stayed mum and let the chips fall where they may. Good thing the kid wasn't raped and killed.

Cops have a tough job, I'll say that even though I've met my share of assholes in blue. Who the hell would want to get up every morning and put on a uniform that might as well do double duty for a bulls eye on their back? To top it off, they've got to deal with ass kissing, chair polishing, pencil pushing fools like the ones mentioned in the linked article.

I recall being a young E3 in Uncle Sam's canoe club, going through my tech school up in Great Lakes, Illinois right outside of North Chicago. On weekends I'd go to either Milwaukee, WI. or Chicago. One Saturday night I was in the Windy City and a cop stopped me, asked where I was headed. "No place in particular, just looking for the train station to head back to the base." was my reply.

He informed me I was headed into an area where it didn't pay to be an "outsider", then told me to follow him and he'd take me to the station. As we walked he spoke about his beat, how a lot of the bums staggering down the street would probably wake up dead some morning, either frozen to death or with their throats cut. After we got to the station he bade me good bye and wished me luck. He didn't have to do any of that. I was suitably impressed, especially since he was as black as the ace of spades and this all happened at a time of racial unrest in the nation.

Nowadays I guess he'd have to be careful not to speak in a derogatory manner of his city. Noted.

Like I said, cops get my respect and they deserve the benefit of the doubt about how they do a really stinking, rotten job that damned few of us could do.

They ought to give this cop in St. Pete a medal.

No comments:

Blog Archive

THIS is depressing!!

THIS is depressing!!
Our education system must have REAL problems!

Proper Care of The Koran

Proper Care of The Koran
A place for everything and everything in it's place

Our Lady of America, pray for us (we need it!)

St. Gabriel Possenti, (unofficial) patron saint of handgun owners, pray for us.

Humane blogger award

Humane blogger award