Two prayers....

God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

About Me

My photo
A Catholic who follows Rome & the Magisterium. I'm against gay "marriage", abortion, embryonic stem cell research, euthanasia, human cloning. Altar girls, Communion in the hand, Eucharistic Ministers and "Protestant" music in the Church doesn't bother me at all. A proud American retired submarine sailor. Our borders should be secured with a 10 ft. high fence topped by concertina wire with minefields out to 20 yards on both sides and an additional 10 yards filled with warning signs outside of that Let's get energy independent NOW! Back Israel to the max, stop appeasing followers of the Pedophile Prophet. Pro 2nd Amendment, pro death penalty, Repeal all hate crime legislation. Back the police unless you'd rather call a hippie when everything hits the fan. Get government out of dealing with education, childhood obesity and the enviornment. Stop using the military for sociological experiments and if we're in a war don't micromanage their every move. Kill your television, limit time on the computer and pick up a book. God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Anybody else have kids like this?

I made strawberry ice cream the other day. None of my kids like it, only chocolate will do.

Last night I made a loaf of chocolate & apple bread. Nobody likes it, too much fruit.

On Monday I made sugar cookies. They're gonna last a looonnnnggg time at the rate they're being consumed. Two out of three rugrats turn their noses up when they're set out on the table.

Breakfast is a hit-or-miss affair, sometimes they'll eat and sometimes they won't.

I think the word is S-P-O-I-L-E-D, but my wife assures me this is normal.

Funny, my childhood was fifty years ago but I certainly don't remember being picky. About the only things I refused eating as a kid were onions, brussels sprouts and asparagus (nowadays I love onions).

Spoiled. Rotten.

I'd bet my next retirement check on it.

8 comments:

Vigilis said...

Whatever you do, recommend you save your retirement check, unless your abject sanity is ever at stake. LOL

Subvet said...

Vigilis, too late. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

MightyMom said...

well....maybe just a little.....


;-)


love ya hon, Merry Christmas to all your readers

Unknown said...

To answer your question, yes, my kids can be very picky like that. I remember getting in trouble as a kid for being that picky. I have very little patience for that as an adult. I get it.

Subvet said...

MM, thanks.

Subvet said...

Arby, nice to know I'm not the only "grump" regarding this. "Cute" never went very far with me.

Mary Ellen/Nunly said...

My oldest daughter has raised her kids to eat whatever is put before them. They will eat everything from sushi to Jamaican stew. If they refuse to try a new dish, they go hungry. Of course, she wouldn't make them eat anything that would make them sick or gag...if they just can't stomach it, she'll allow them to push aside the part that is upsetting them but they have to eat the rest of the potatoes, pasta, rice, vegetables or whatever comes with the dish.

The great thing about that is that both my grandkids have a very wide variety of foods they like and they love it when she makes a new dish.

Desserts of any kind go down easy for them, but they are only allowed a few sweets after a meal and it's not something they get everyday.

I wish I had been so consistent with my kids as they were growing up...my 20 year old son is extremely picky and it drives me nuts.

Subvet said...

Mary Ellen/Nunly, our kids don't get any sweets/treats/desserts unless there's a decent effort made on eating whats on their plates. A decent effort means at least half of it must be consumed.

With our second boy, I've taken the tack of force feeding him. It really got to the point where you could see his ribs sharply outlined against his skin before I started doing that. Now he isn't as skinny as then.

Breakfast is always a nonstarter. Unless theres chocolate involved everybody turns their noses up at it. Even then, no guarantee of success.

I went through this with my oldest son (now 27 yrs. old). At the time I attributed it to his mother bowing to every wish of his (this was after our divorce). Now I'm seeing theres a fair amount of stubborness involved.

Whatever. I'll keep plugging away at feeding them regardless of whether they like what might be in front of them.

And I just can't wait for the teenage years! Especially with my daughter. All this and PMS too! Yippee!

Blog Archive

THIS is depressing!!

THIS is depressing!!
Our education system must have REAL problems!

Proper Care of The Koran

Proper Care of The Koran
A place for everything and everything in it's place

Our Lady of America, pray for us (we need it!)

St. Gabriel Possenti, (unofficial) patron saint of handgun owners, pray for us.

Humane blogger award

Humane blogger award