Two prayers....

God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

About Me

My photo
A Catholic who follows Rome & the Magisterium. I'm against gay "marriage", abortion, embryonic stem cell research, euthanasia, human cloning. Altar girls, Communion in the hand, Eucharistic Ministers and "Protestant" music in the Church doesn't bother me at all. A proud American retired submarine sailor. Our borders should be secured with a 10 ft. high fence topped by concertina wire with minefields out to 20 yards on both sides and an additional 10 yards filled with warning signs outside of that Let's get energy independent NOW! Back Israel to the max, stop appeasing followers of the Pedophile Prophet. Pro 2nd Amendment, pro death penalty, Repeal all hate crime legislation. Back the police unless you'd rather call a hippie when everything hits the fan. Get government out of dealing with education, childhood obesity and the enviornment. Stop using the military for sociological experiments and if we're in a war don't micromanage their every move. Kill your television, limit time on the computer and pick up a book. God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Pope on receipt of the Eucharist....

Oh boy, here comes the latest flap for the Catholic blogosphere between the "trads" and the "spirit of VatII" groups. Found this via Pewsitter at angelqueen.org;

Pope Benedict has said in a new book that he is not opposed to the practice of receiving Communion in the hand. However he goes on to explain that he wants to encourage the reception of Communion on the tongue, kneeling, out of respect for the Real Presence in the Sacrament.

In a long interview with German journalist Peter Seewald, which is being published in a new book: ‘Light of the World’, out this Tuesday, the Holy Father says: “I am not opposed in principle to Communion in the hand; I have both administered and received Communion in this way myself.”

But, he explains: “The idea behind my current practice of having people kneel to receive Communion on the tongue was to send a signal and to underscore the Real Presence with an exclamation point. One important reason is that there is a great danger of superficiality precisely in the kinds of Mass events we hold at Saint Peter’s, both in the Basilica and in the Square. I have heard of people who, after receiving Communion, stick the Host in their wallet to take home as a kind of souvenir.

“In this context, where people think that everyone is just automatically supposed to receive Communion — everyone else is going up, so I will, too—I wanted to send a clear signal. I wanted it to be clear: Something quite special is going on here! He is here, the One before whom we fall on our knees! Pay attention!

“This is not just some social ritual in which we can take part if we want to.”

(End of story. My comments follow.)

I receive in the hand. I prefer receiving in the hand. Until there is provision for the possible dropping of the Host off my tongue I will continue to receive in the hand. If receipt in the hand is outlawed before that happens I'll comply just as I should. Won't like it, but I'll comply. I DON'T like the increased chance of the Host dropping on the floor.

Yes, I know the Host can be dropped out of someone's hand. I've seen it happen a couple of times. But I've better faith in the control of my fingers reaching for the visible Host than hoping whoever is distributing Communion can properly place it on my tongue (either one of which I can't see).

It's all about respect for Christ. I don't wish to chance dropping His Body on the floor. End of story. I know I'm repeating myself but everytime I've tried explaining this on other sites it's like I'm speaking Greek. Nobody gets the frigging point.

If someone else doesn't agree with my line of reasoning for receiving, so be it. As I said, it's about my respect for Christ and mine alone. Coincidentally, "respect" is more often than not what is cited for receipt on the tongue (check the story). Whatever. I don't understand it, but if thats how you roll then so be it. According to the Pontiff, either way is acceptable.

And until there's a plate under my chin held by an altar server, I WILL RECEIVE IN THE HAND!!

BECAUSE I DON'T WANT THE HOST TO DROP ONTO THE FLOOR!!

Period.

No comments:

Blog Archive

THIS is depressing!!

THIS is depressing!!
Our education system must have REAL problems!

Proper Care of The Koran

Proper Care of The Koran
A place for everything and everything in it's place

Our Lady of America, pray for us (we need it!)

St. Gabriel Possenti, (unofficial) patron saint of handgun owners, pray for us.

Humane blogger award

Humane blogger award