Two prayers....

God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

About Me

My photo
A Catholic who follows Rome & the Magisterium. I'm against gay "marriage", abortion, embryonic stem cell research, euthanasia, human cloning. Altar girls, Communion in the hand, Eucharistic Ministers and "Protestant" music in the Church doesn't bother me at all. A proud American retired submarine sailor. Our borders should be secured with a 10 ft. high fence topped by concertina wire with minefields out to 20 yards on both sides and an additional 10 yards filled with warning signs outside of that Let's get energy independent NOW! Back Israel to the max, stop appeasing followers of the Pedophile Prophet. Pro 2nd Amendment, pro death penalty, Repeal all hate crime legislation. Back the police unless you'd rather call a hippie when everything hits the fan. Get government out of dealing with education, childhood obesity and the enviornment. Stop using the military for sociological experiments and if we're in a war don't micromanage their every move. Kill your television, limit time on the computer and pick up a book. God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Forgiveness, former Catholics, the Pope and my opinions.

I've heard it said that the most vehement critics of Catholicism are former Catholics. Makes sense I guess, if you're small minded enough to believe whatever the slights you've suffered at the hands of a few jerks applies to all members of the Church in general then you'll very enthusiastically criticize us at the drop of a hat.

I know a bit of what I'm talking about here. For over thirty years I was outside the Church, having left due to the animosity expressed by various "devout" fools towards folks like myself, folks who believed as I did, came from similar backgrounds as I did and lived as I did. The details are unimportant. After the first several years I was able to adopt a "live and let live" attitude towards Catholicism. After all, it might have stuck in my craw but it worked for a lot of folks whom I respected. So I just let the resentment die. Once I got sober it was a lot easier too.

What brought me back is kind of strange. I read a lot of varied things, amongst them were the writings of a dissident theologian, Hans Kung. Now THERE is a man who has no problems with voicing his criticisms! Those griefs start from the time of St. Paul and extend into current times. A lot seem to be somewhat valid. So valid in fact that I was left with the question, "How does such a supposedly corrupt institution not only have a track record for doing a lot of good but also for surviving almost 2K years?".

The answer seemed to be what Sister Mary Tarantula and her cohort claimed back in my elementary school days, i.e.; "Man is imperfect and that imperfection will infect everything, even God's Church on this Earth."

Okay, I can live with that one. So I returned.

Maybe I'm in a minority. That "live and let live" attitude seems out of fashion for a lot of "Christian" folk who never pass up an opportunity to sling some mud. The same fools who advise taking what the MSM states with a grain of salt when it comes to negative reporting on anything politically conservative. Funny how they'll unquestioningly jump aboard the band wagon to criticize the present Pope. Ho-hum. Whatever. Just another group to add to my prayer intentions.

God bless\them and may He keep them.....far from me.

Amen. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

THIS is depressing!!

THIS is depressing!!
Our education system must have REAL problems!

Proper Care of The Koran

Proper Care of The Koran
A place for everything and everything in it's place

Our Lady of America, pray for us (we need it!)

St. Gabriel Possenti, (unofficial) patron saint of handgun owners, pray for us.

Humane blogger award

Humane blogger award