Two prayers....

God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

About Me

My photo
A Catholic who follows Rome & the Magisterium. I'm against gay "marriage", abortion, embryonic stem cell research, euthanasia, human cloning. Altar girls, Communion in the hand, Eucharistic Ministers and "Protestant" music in the Church doesn't bother me at all. A proud American retired submarine sailor. Our borders should be secured with a 10 ft. high fence topped by concertina wire with minefields out to 20 yards on both sides and an additional 10 yards filled with warning signs outside of that Let's get energy independent NOW! Back Israel to the max, stop appeasing followers of the Pedophile Prophet. Pro 2nd Amendment, pro death penalty, Repeal all hate crime legislation. Back the police unless you'd rather call a hippie when everything hits the fan. Get government out of dealing with education, childhood obesity and the enviornment. Stop using the military for sociological experiments and if we're in a war don't micromanage their every move. Kill your television, limit time on the computer and pick up a book. God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

Thursday, October 08, 2009

NOT the Teacher of The Year...

Found this via Drudge;

MIAMI LAKES

A Miami Lakes special education teacher was sentenced today to two years of probation after she was found guilty of putting hot sauce in an autistic student's soda, WFOR-Ch. 4 reports.

Sylvia Tagle also was sentenced to 100 hours of community service.

The boy's parents said they were outraged at what they call a "lenient" sentence. (Wonder if they could utilize the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) to push for private tutoring funded by the school. Sounds like their kid might not be safe where he's at.)

"It's really sad and you know what? It really, really sends a bad message to everyone," the father told the judge.

Last month, Tagle was convicted of abuse after she gave a soda with hot sauce in it to the Bob Graham Educational Center student to teach him a lesson.

Tagle says the boy grabbed the soda from her desk when she was with other students. (What is she saying here, that she spiked a soda on her desk knowing the kid would grab it? Or did she actually give the kid a spiked soda in retaliation for him grabbing hers when she wasn't looking? Either way, it stinks. Her job isn't teaching autistic kids not to grab what isn't theirs, that goes to the parents. As a dad of two autistic boys I know teaching them ANYTHING can be a chore but
spiking a drink is WAY out of line. It's sadistic, plain and simple. Wonder if this teacher was the class nerd who liked pulling wings off flies?)


Tagle could have faced up to five years in prison.

Jurors found Tagle not guilty of three other charges, including pulling a student's hair and not changing soiled diapers. (So it appears this jury wasn't filled with self-righteous parents of special needs kids, the type of parent who thinks the world should be remade for their little darlings. Had that been the case these charges would have found different outcomes. They evidently applied common sense to their findings. This makes the guilty verdict of the teacher for the hot sauce trick more damning and the judge's lenient sentence more reprehensible.)

Elated the case had come to an end with no prison time,Tagle said she loves her job and the children she teaches. (Noted. Victims who can't easily articulate their sufferings are always loved by their tormentors. Is that statement a bit extreme? I'll give a bit of background after this story.)

"I love all my autistic children," she told WFOR. "That's why I've done it for so many years. It's not an easy task but I love doing it. And whatever happened was not done intentionally." (My ass, how do you "unintentionally" set up an autistic child to swallow hot sauce?)

Copyright © 2009, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

I'd suggest a career change for this twit, McDonalds is hiring.

My strong feelings stem from incidents over the past few years. The one front and center in my mind happened at a public park I take the kids to. During one session my oldest son had climbed up to an enclosed area atop a slide. There were a few other kids there as well as some young twit of a mother in that same enclosure.

Being hard of hearing, it was lucky I happened to be directly under the enclosure when "Mom" asked my son what his name is. Autistic kids can have a problem with questions like that one, especially coming from complete strangers. They'll freeze up and (in my son's case) stare at you and giggle. Which is what happened here.

The "adult" then said, "You don't talk much do you? Well you can't use the slide until I know your name." Then to the other three kids in the enclosure, "Don't let him by, I want him to tell me his name."

As the War Department can attest, I've a loud voice and know how to use it. So everyone in the area probably heard me when I read the riot act to this dipso little split tail, asking her just why she needed to know my son's name, informing her of his autism and telling her to back off. As an add on when she gave the reflexive, "Well, I didn't know." response I wondered aloud (very aLOUD) if he needed to wear a sign.

By this time some of the other moms were giving me worried looks and I could see a future conversation with the local police forthcoming if the incident didn't end quickly. To this point I'd not used vulgarity or profanity but the term, "sperm belching white trash gutter slut" was rising to my lips so I beat a hasty exit with the kids in tow. Gotta work on that I guess.

Regardless, as a parent of autistic children I've learned to be very aware of the surroundings my kids are in. Seemingly simple interpersonal reactions are beyond them and their low frustration level almost insures a major trauma if adult supervision isn't there on their side. As an add on to this story, there have been a few occasions at this same park when my son would come up to me with tears in his eyes. I'd ask what was the problem and he'd be so internally jammed up he couldn't answer. I'd then just brush it off as him having a bad day (that can happen too). It's entirely possible this wasn't the first incident with some jerkoff harassing him.

So I can only imagine what it would be like if my son was fed a spiked drink because some twit was exasperated with him. Gotta admire the restraint of the parents in this article.

No comments:

Blog Archive

THIS is depressing!!

THIS is depressing!!
Our education system must have REAL problems!

Proper Care of The Koran

Proper Care of The Koran
A place for everything and everything in it's place

Our Lady of America, pray for us (we need it!)

St. Gabriel Possenti, (unofficial) patron saint of handgun owners, pray for us.

Humane blogger award

Humane blogger award