Two prayers....

God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

About Me

My photo
A Catholic who follows Rome & the Magisterium. I'm against gay "marriage", abortion, embryonic stem cell research, euthanasia, human cloning. Altar girls, Communion in the hand, Eucharistic Ministers and "Protestant" music in the Church doesn't bother me at all. A proud American retired submarine sailor. Our borders should be secured with a 10 ft. high fence topped by concertina wire with minefields out to 20 yards on both sides and an additional 10 yards filled with warning signs outside of that Let's get energy independent NOW! Back Israel to the max, stop appeasing followers of the Pedophile Prophet. Pro 2nd Amendment, pro death penalty, Repeal all hate crime legislation. Back the police unless you'd rather call a hippie when everything hits the fan. Get government out of dealing with education, childhood obesity and the enviornment. Stop using the military for sociological experiments and if we're in a war don't micromanage their every move. Kill your television, limit time on the computer and pick up a book. God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Random political thoughts...

B.O. made a promise during his campaign that 95% of Americans would see no increase by him in their taxes.

He recently upped the federal tax on cigarettes by sixty-two cents, since one in four adult Americans smoke he has broken that promise.

Cigarette smoking is done far more by those of limited education and income than not. So the increased tax burden is disproportionately felt by the poor.

The poor in this country are disproportionately represented by black folks. So B.O. hates "his own".

Just some random thoughts.

2 comments:

Nereus said...

I am in the process of kicking the coffin nails just because of the dramatic rise in taxes. I refuse to further fund the socliaist agenda being advanced by this congress and administration.

They have me over a barrel on the income tax, I will pay it because I refuse to avoid my reponsibility as a law abiding citizen and obey the resonable (for now) laws of this land. But I have a choice with a tax that is voluntary due to the use of a product that isn't required to substain life. So, Needless to say, my camels and burbon have been thrown over the side of the ship so to speak. I will continue to find ways to "micro" trim the federal budget and avoid paying one red cent to the fed or the state I live in on a tax that is based on a habit or luxury.

That being said, Too bad the congress critters and the O are kicking the regular joes in the teeth repeatedly while subsidizing the CEO's and upper 2 per cent.

Yeah, I played right into their hand as far as doing some thing good for my health and quit the smokes, But it wasn't due to the repeated libreal brow beating or treatment as a second class citizen in public areas that finally did it. It just took them making me want to quit a greater symbol of defiance and personal freedom than it was to continue to smoke.

ignorant redneck said...

Well, I "roll my own". i started doing that because it's much cheaper, and I got no wealth to speak of.

So, not only did the taxes on cigarettes go up, the tax rate on roll your own tobacco is now the same as for taylor made smokes.

A can of tobacco went from 11--13 bucks to 33-36 bucks, all the increase in taxes.

Blog Archive

THIS is depressing!!

THIS is depressing!!
Our education system must have REAL problems!

Proper Care of The Koran

Proper Care of The Koran
A place for everything and everything in it's place

Our Lady of America, pray for us (we need it!)

St. Gabriel Possenti, (unofficial) patron saint of handgun owners, pray for us.

Humane blogger award

Humane blogger award