Two prayers....

God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

About Me

My photo
A Catholic who follows Rome & the Magisterium. I'm against gay "marriage", abortion, embryonic stem cell research, euthanasia, human cloning. Altar girls, Communion in the hand, Eucharistic Ministers and "Protestant" music in the Church doesn't bother me at all. A proud American retired submarine sailor. Our borders should be secured with a 10 ft. high fence topped by concertina wire with minefields out to 20 yards on both sides and an additional 10 yards filled with warning signs outside of that Let's get energy independent NOW! Back Israel to the max, stop appeasing followers of the Pedophile Prophet. Pro 2nd Amendment, pro death penalty, Repeal all hate crime legislation. Back the police unless you'd rather call a hippie when everything hits the fan. Get government out of dealing with education, childhood obesity and the enviornment. Stop using the military for sociological experiments and if we're in a war don't micromanage their every move. Kill your television, limit time on the computer and pick up a book. God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Parents (and everyone else), take notes on this one...

There was a story last month about a New Jersey kid who couldn't get a birthday cake with his name on it. Seems his parents were a wee bit twisted in selecting monikers for the children. Story here.

I think they're perverted but no one even blinks when some leftie names their kid "Che" or "Fidel". "Malcom X" isn't unknown amongst blacks and Hollyweird stars are known for naming their kids "Apple" (Gwyneth Paltrow), "Kal-el" (Nicholas Cage), "Free" (Barbara Hershey), etc.

So while I figured it was distasteful it could have been worse. Names like "Benedict Arnold", "Judas Iscariot" come to mind.

Evidently the state of New Jersey isn't so broadminded. They've taken the kids from the parents. Story here.

Now it's entirely possible there are legitimate grounds for grabbing the tykes. But if the media stories aren't what initially got the attention of state pencil pushers, I'll eat this keyboard.

The local police chief admitted there was no history of complaints against the family, THAT is pretty significant IMHO. Hell, I've known adults who came from homes that Child Protective Services (CPS) visited on a regular basis and THEIR parents never had to give the kids up. That was in Connecticut, where busybody liberals run amok, not down here in Texas where we're all (supposedly) gaptoothed, splayfooted results of incestuous relationships (that includes the Yankee immigrants down here.)

Maybe I'm unique, but if CPS ever put my ass under a microscope I'm sure they'd be able to justify whatever they wanted. Just a few examples follow. Recovering drunk? Can't trust 'em, they're notorious for falling off the wagon. Ex-military? Probably physically abusive with no hope of redemption. Married to a much younger woman? Guy undoubtedly has a lot of Svengali-like tendencies and takes 'em out on this poor, naive young waif he conned into marriage (Hey War Department, that'd be YOU!!).

Big Brother in action. Another example of political correctness run amok. Parents, consider yourselves warned.

I've posted before on what I believe will be the new persecution of Christians, especially prolifers (and I DON'T believe you're a Christian of any stripe unless you're prolife!). We can't be fed to lions anymore, PETA would object. Nero's habit of turning Christians into streetlights by putting 'em on a pole and setting the thing on fire won't work, the EPA would stop it.

But the stupid jokes aside, persecution can take the form of breaking up your family, as seen in this story. It can also take other forms, IRS audits come to mind.

Most people are familiar with variations of this;

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up
."

It pays to remember that at the time of this poem, Communists, trade unionists, Jews, etc. were all unpopular "outsiders". Kind of what we would consider a guy who names his kid "Adolf Hitler".

In coming days we'd ALL better be ready to speak up for each other, regardless of popularity.

Consider the shit to be in the fan.

3 comments:

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Sub-vet, I raised four adopted sons,(three from Vietnam and one from Laos), shortly after my ex-wife and I adopted the youngest, she and I divorced and I received a Church annulment because it came to light that my ex was severely drug and alcohol addicted and refused any form of help.

Following the divorce, I was given sole custody of the boys and raised them by myself while holding down a lay job and my ministry as an Orthodox Catholic priest. I never asked anyone for help of any kind and neither did my sons, yet I can't tell you how many times the Department of Social Services and Child Protective Services kept sticking their noses into our business and the pressure the kept putting on me, trying to get me to give up my sons. It got so bad, that I finally had to have a lawyer, paid for by the Church, threaten to sue the county in which I lived and Child Protective Services for harassment.

Today, my sons are grown with families of their own (I now have eight grandchildren). They never wanted for anything while they were growing up, they were all A+ and high Honor Roll students, and they were happy, well fed and well adjusted boys, and they are raising their kids the same way.

It really ticked off Social Services and CPS that they couldn't find some concrete reason to take my sons. If they had succeeded, I can guarantee there would have been hell to pay.

MightyMom said...

the poor naive YOUNG WAIF is gonna be quiet for awhile....

I like being called a young waif...makes me feel young...and thin....sigh.

This story is just sad. But I've seen some real doozies for kids' names. Fortunately the kids grow up and change them most of the time...once they learn some sense.

Next question......who called the media? Who puts their child's entire name on a birthday cake? Usually there's a space limit. Most cakes I've seen just said "Happy Birthday Jack!" Not "Happy Birthday Jack Russell Terrier Smith" I'd say they were intentionally trying to see if they'd get a reaction.....and it backfired.

VSO said...

Stories like Fr. Gregori's and the war on homeschoolers frighten me. That's we gotta band together.

Blog Archive

THIS is depressing!!

THIS is depressing!!
Our education system must have REAL problems!

Proper Care of The Koran

Proper Care of The Koran
A place for everything and everything in it's place

Our Lady of America, pray for us (we need it!)

St. Gabriel Possenti, (unofficial) patron saint of handgun owners, pray for us.

Humane blogger award

Humane blogger award