Two prayers....

God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

About Me

My photo
A Catholic who follows Rome & the Magisterium. I'm against gay "marriage", abortion, embryonic stem cell research, euthanasia, human cloning. Altar girls, Communion in the hand, Eucharistic Ministers and "Protestant" music in the Church doesn't bother me at all. A proud American retired submarine sailor. Our borders should be secured with a 10 ft. high fence topped by concertina wire with minefields out to 20 yards on both sides and an additional 10 yards filled with warning signs outside of that Let's get energy independent NOW! Back Israel to the max, stop appeasing followers of the Pedophile Prophet. Pro 2nd Amendment, pro death penalty, Repeal all hate crime legislation. Back the police unless you'd rather call a hippie when everything hits the fan. Get government out of dealing with education, childhood obesity and the enviornment. Stop using the military for sociological experiments and if we're in a war don't micromanage their every move. Kill your television, limit time on the computer and pick up a book. God's will be done and may He have mercy upon us all.

Friday, January 04, 2008

They call me "Mr. Mom".

The War Department and I recently came to the conclusion that my job won't pay enough for our family without regular overtime. Since you should NEVER count on overtime pay to get you by it was a choice of the following:
1) I get a better paying job. Difficult to do as I've an "interesting" work history (one year I went through five different full time jobs). Some people can't keep their big mouths shut and I'm one of them. One former classmate opined a man who put 22 years in the Navy shouldn't have that problem. Hey, it is what it is.
2) I get a part time job to supplement the income. Tried numerous applications at various locations, no luck. Maybe I'm too old (55), too qualified, too something or other. Who knows?
3) The WD gets part time work. Kind of difficult as she's already a full time mother and THAT is definetly more than a 40 hour a week vocation.
4) The WD and I do a role reversal, I become a happy homemaker and she brings home the bacon.

We've settled on #4. She starts in two weeks, making 150% of what I do. Seems that college education is finally going to prove it's worth. To tell the truth, after my daily bitching about the housework for ten years it probably falls under the heading of poetic justice.

Doing housework won't be as onerous for me as it might for others. I'm a fair cook and since the age of ten have been no stranger to household chores. "It's women's work" wasn't a viable excuse for yours truly. Actually that's helped out over the years, I'm one man who doesn't need a mother figure in his life. Kind of put a kink in the love life at times, some women won't go near a man who can outdo them on the home front. But that's another story.

So on the 7th I'll give my boss two weeks notice and we'll see how the chips fall after that.

Excuse me, gotta go shop for an apron.

5 comments:

MightyMom said...

uummm, how about I teach you how to MAKE an apron dear??

Subvet said...

"A man's got to know his limitations."-Clint Eastwood, "Magnum Force"

ignorant redneck said...

Subvet--

I live like that--aside from the normal frustrations, it's the happiest I've been since the service!

The kids can be taxing though.

Anonymous said...

This should be interesting. Good luck. I envy you and all the time you will get to spend at the park. Does this mean, no more blog since you used the company computer?

Subvet said...

Ignorant Redneck, thanks for the encouragement. It's also nice to know there are others in the same situation.

Masher, I'll still keep blogging. Have to have some outlet for my opinions and frustrations! My children are fascinated by the one we have at home so I'll have plenty of "help". Might even improve the quality of my posts!

Blog Archive

THIS is depressing!!

THIS is depressing!!
Our education system must have REAL problems!

Proper Care of The Koran

Proper Care of The Koran
A place for everything and everything in it's place

Our Lady of America, pray for us (we need it!)

St. Gabriel Possenti, (unofficial) patron saint of handgun owners, pray for us.

Humane blogger award

Humane blogger award